Are you looking to learn how to cook bbq pork in an air fryer? You’re in the right place! This guide will walk you through cooking a delicious bbq pork dish with an air fryer.
Not only is it quick and easy, but you’ll love the succulent flavor of using your air fryer!
So grab your ingredients, and start learning how to make this tasty meal today.
Let’s get started!
Ingredients Needed To Make Bbq pork In The Air Fryer
Before you start cooking the Bbq pork, here are some ingredients you can prepare to ensure a smooth and efficient cook.
- Four pork, boneless
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
Selecting The Right Pork For Cooking Bbq pork In The Air Fryer
When selecting your pork for cooking BBQ pork in the air fryer, it’s important to ensure the quality of the meat is top-notch.
Look for well-marbled pieces with plenty of intramuscular fat, which helps keep the meat moist during cooking and gives it great flavor too!
For example, tenderloin or loin chops are excellent choices because they have enough fat content and won’t dry out when cooked at higher temperatures over short periods.
Perfect for making succulent BBQ pork dishes!
Also, look out for cuts like shoulder or spareribs, which can be cooked low and slow if needed; these cuts need longer cooking times due to their tougher texture but also pack lots of flavors once done right!
Finally, ensure that whatever cut you select will fit into your air fryer before committing to purchase. This way, you don’t waste money on something that won’t work!
In summary, when selecting a piece of pork for bbq-ing in an air fryer, there are some key factors we should consider:
- Look out for well-marbled pieces with plenty of intramuscular fat;
- Check whether it fits within our air fryer size constraints;
- Decide how long we want/need to cook said item (for instance, shorter cooks suit tenderloins, slower cooks suit ribs).
Considering these considerations, we can rest assured that our delicious dish will turn out perfectly every time!
How To Prepare The Pork Before Cooking In The Air Fryer?
Before cooking pork in an air fryer, it is important to season the meat with salt and pepper.
Additionally, you can marinate or rub the pork with spices for extra flavor. Paint dry any excess moisture before placing the pork into the air fryer basket.
How To Cook Bbq Pork In An Air Fryer?
Here is the step-by-step how to make Bbq pork in the air fryer:
- Preheat your air fryer to 360°F (182°C).
- Mix the prepared BBQ sauce and pork in a medium bowl until evenly coated.
- Place the pork in the preheated air fryer basket and cook for 10 minutes, flipping once halfway through cooking time if necessary.
- After 10 minutes of cooking, check that the internal temperature of the pork has reached 145°F (63°C) with an instant-read thermometer before serving it hot.
What You Need For Air Fryer Bbq Pork
COSORI Air Fryer (Check Price On Amazon)
If you’re looking for a delicious way to cook BBQ pork, look no further than the COSORI Air Fryer.
This air fryer offers multiple features, making it an ideal recipe choice. The 5-quart size is perfect for large family meals and can easily hold up to 4 pieces of pork.
Plus, with manual control and nine one-touch cooking functions on its tempered glass display, you’ll have complete control over your meal prep time and temperature settings.
And last but not least, the 360° rapid heat circulation technology ensures even heating throughout your dish while giving it a crispy exterior finish.
Cleanup is also a breeze thanks to its dishwasher-safe components.
What To Serve With Bbq Pork?
There are many ways to serve your Bbq pork. There is no right or wrong. Everyone has different tastes. The suggestion below is what I recommend.
- Grilled Corn on the Cob: Add a little smokey flavor to your meal with grilled corn on the cob—season with melted butter and salt for an easy side dish that pairs perfectly with bbq chicken drumsticks.
- Roasted Potatoes: For a comforting and delicious side, try roasting potatoes in olive oil, garlic, rosemary, and thyme until golden brown and crisp! Serve these potatoes alongside your BBQ chicken drumsticks for a perfect pairing.
- Caesar Salad: Top off your meal with a light, refreshing salad like caesar salad. It’s sure to cut through the richness of the bbq sauce in just the right way! Don’t forget to add croutons or bacon bits for extra crunchy goodness!
- Baked Beans: A classic favorite that goes perfectly with BBQ chicken is baked beans! Make yours from scratch using dried navy beans cooked in molasses-based barbecue sauce. It’ll be worth tasting them next to those juicy drumsticks!
- Coleslaw: Balance BBQ Chicken Drumsticks’ smoky sweetness by adding cool, creamy coleslaw! Mix cabbage, carrots, celery seed, mayonnaise, and sugar vinegar, then chill before serving. Yum!!
How To Store And Preheat The Leftover Bbq Pork With The Air Fryer Method
If you have leftover Bbq pork, do not thrash them away. You can still store and reheat them again in the air fryer for your next mealtime. Here are the simple tips you can follow:
Storage Tips For the Leftover Bbq Pork
Food Storage Containers (See on Amazon)
Leftover pork from a barbeque can be easily stored in the refrigerator for up to four days. The best way is to wrap them in aluminum foil or an airtight container before putting them into the fridge.
Alternatively, you can freeze your leftovers if you won’t have time to eat them within those four days.
To do this, wrap the pork separately and store them in freezer-safe containers or plastic bags for up to three months.
How To Reheat The Leftover Bbq Pork In The Air Fryer?
Reheating leftover BBQ pork in the air fryer is a great way to get them crispy and delicious.
- First, preheat your air fryer to 375°F. Then, place the pork on the air fryer basket or rack in a single layer.
- Cook for 6 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Finally, check that they’ve reached an internal temperature of at least 145°F before serving!
- Enjoy your perfectly reheated leftovers!
Frequently Asked Questions
What Type Of Pork Is Best To Cook In An Air Fryer?
Pork tenderloin is the best cut of pork to cook in an air fryer. It cooks quickly and evenly, resulting in juicy, flavorful meat.
How Long Does It Take To Cook Bbq Pork In An Air Fryer?
Cooking BBQ pork in an air fryer usually takes 15-20 minutes.
Is There A Special Marinade Or Sauce For Bbq Pork Cooked In An Air Fryer?
Several marinades and sauces can be used for bbq pork cooked in an air fryer. Popular options include a combination of soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, brown sugar, and olive oil.
You can use your favorite store-bought BBQ sauce or make your own with ketchup, vinegar, and spices.
Can You Use Pre-Cooked Or Smoked Bbq Pork With The Air Fryer?
You can use pre-cooked or smoked BBQ pork with an air fryer. However, it is important to note that the cooking time may vary depending on the size and type of pork used.
Do I Need To Add Oil When Cooking Bbq Pork In An Air Fryer?
You should add some oil when cooking bbq pork in an air fryer. This will help to ensure that the pork is cooked evenly and has a nice crispy texture.
Now that you know the basics of making bbq pork in an air fryer, it’s time to get cooking! You’ll surely love the delicious flavor and texture this dish will give.
So don’t wait any longer. Gather your ingredients and start whipping up a perfectly cooked bbq pork meal for you and your family today!