Are you looking to learn how to cook belly pork in an air fryer? You’re in the right place! Air fryers are a great way to cook delicious meals quickly and easily; belly pork is no exception.
In this article, we’ll go through the simple steps required to cook tasty belly pork in an air fryer.
So if you’re ready for juicy, succulent pork cooked just right, let’s start!
Ingredients Needed To Make Belly Pork In The Air Fryer
Before you start cooking the Belly Pork, here are some ingredients you can prepare to ensure smooth and efficient cook.
- Pork belly, sliced into strips or cubes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Smoked paprika
- Olive oil
Selecting The Right belly pork For Cooking Belly Pork In The Air Fryer
When selecting the right belly pork for cooking in an air fryer, it’s important to look for one that is not too fatty. Belly pork can be quite greasy, and this will only add more fat to your dish.
It’s best to select a lean cut of meat so you can enjoy all the flavor without adding extra calories.
Additionally, ensure the piece you choose is large enough to fit inside your air fryer basket. Otherwise, it won’t cook evenly.
Finally, buy organic or free-range belly pork, generally higher quality meats with fewer additives and hormones used during production.
Following these simple tips when shopping for belly pork, you should have no problem finding the perfect ingredient for creating delicious dishes in your air fryer!
See also: How To Cook Beef In An Air Fryer?
How To Prepare The Belly Pork Before Cooking In The Air Fryer?
Season the pork belly for cooking in an air fryer with salt and pepper to taste. Then add garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, and a drizzle of olive oil.
Mix all the ingredients until the pork is evenly coated. Place the seasoned pork into your air fryer basket.
How To Cook Belly Pork In An Air Fryer?
Here is the step-by-step how to make Belly Pork in the air fryer:
- Preheat the air fryer to 350°F (175°C). Place the pork belly in the basket and cook it for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, flip the pork over and continue cooking for an additional 8-10 minutes or until golden brown on both sides.
- Once your pork is cooked, check its internal temperature with a meat thermometer to ensure it reaches at least 145°F (63°C).
- If not, continue cooking in 2-minute increments until done. When your pork is ready, let it rest before serving.
What You Need For Air Fryer Belly Pork
COSORI Air Fryer (Check Price On Amazon)
If you’re looking for a healthy way to enjoy your favorite pork dish, the COSORI Air Fryer is an excellent choice.
With its 5-quart capacity and 360° rapid heat circulation technology, this air fryer ensures that your pork is cooked evenly without risk of over or undercooking.
The manual control options also provide precise temperature adjustments to cook your food exactly as desired.
The nine one-touch cooking functions on the tempered glass display make preparing meals effortless and fast. Furthermore, when done cooking, all removable parts are dishwasher safe for easy clean up after each use.
The COSORI Air Fryer is an ideal kitchen appliance to help you always achieve quick and tasty results!
What To Serve With Belly Pork?
There are many ways to serve your Belly Pork. There is no right or wrong. Everyone has different tastes. The suggestion below is what I recommend.
- Fresh Green Salad: Serve alongside a fresh green salad for a light and healthy contrast to the burger.
- Sweet Potato Fries: Add some delicious sweet potato fries as an alternative to regular chips.
- Crunchy Onion Rings: Top your burgers with crispy onion rings or battered jalapenos for added crunch!
- Coleslaw: Serve with homemade coleslaw for added flavor and texture!
- Avocado Slices: Top off your burger with creamy avocado slices for extra nutrition and flavor!
- Grilled Pineapple Slices: Add grilled pineapple slices to each patty for an unexpected but tasty twist!
- Garlic Aioli Sauce: Drizzle garlic sauce over the burgers before serving them hot and deliciously!
See also: How To Cook Beef Olives In An Air Fryer?
How To Store And Preheat The Leftover Belly Pork With The Air Fryer Method
If you have leftover Belly Pork, do not thrash them away. You can still store and reheat them again in the air fryer for your next mealtime. Here are the simple tips you can follow:
Storage Tips For the Leftover Belly Pork
Food Storage Containers (See on Amazon)
When you have leftovers, knowing how best to store them can be hard. This is especially true for leftover belly pork, which needs more care than other foods due to its high fat content.
First, you should ensure the pork is cooled down before storing it in an airtight container or plastic wrap and placing it in the fridge.
You can also freeze the pork but ensure it’s completely sealed, as any contact with air will cause freezer burn and ruin your meal.
Finally, when reheating belly pork, ensure you bring it to a temperature of at least 74 degrees Celsius for safety reasons.
How To Reheat The Leftover Belly Pork In The Air Fryer?
Reheating leftover belly pork in the air fryer is a great way to quickly and easily enjoy your favorite dish.
- Preheat your air fryer to 350°F (177°C) to get started.
- Then, place the leftovers in the basket of your air fryer.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes until they are heated through.
- Be sure to check on them regularly while they’re cooking so that you don’t overdo it!
- When done, serve with sides such as mashed potatoes or roasted vegetables for a delicious meal.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Temperature Should I Cook Belly Pork In An Air Fryer?
Preheat the air fryer to 400°F (204°C). Place the pork belly in the air fryer basket and cook for 15 minutes. Flip the pork over and cook for 10-15 minutes or until it reaches an internal temperature of 145°F (63°C).
How Long Does It Take To Cook Belly Pork In An Air Fryer?
Belly pork can be cooked in an air fryer for 15-20 minutes at 400°F (200°C).
Are There Any Special Instructions For Cooking Belly Pork In An Air Fryer?
Yes, when cooking belly pork in an air fryer, it is important to preheat the air fryer before adding the pork. Additionally, it would be best to season the pork with salt and pepper before placing it into the air fryer basket.
Turn over or shake the basket halfway through cooking for even results. Finally, check that your pork has reached a safe internal temperature of 145°F (63°C) before serving.
Is Cooking With An Air Fryer Healthier Than Other Methods Of Cooking?
Yes, cooking with an air fryer is generally healthier than other cooking methods as it requires less oil and produces food that is lower in fat and calories.
Can I Use Marinades Or Sauces When Cooking Belly Pork In An Air Fryer?
You can use marinades or sauces when cooking belly pork in an air fryer. However, ensuring the marinade or sauce does not contain too much sugar is important, as this can cause burning and sticking.
You can enjoy delicious belly pork cooked in an air fryer with just a few simple steps! All that’s required is a bit of patience and attention to detail, whether it’s your first time cooking with an air fryer or not.
Once the dish is finished, you’ll have juicy, succulent pork that will leave your taste buds wanting more.
So why wait?
Get cooking today and treat yourself to some tasty belly pork!