Are you looking to learn how to cook bbq chicken thighs in an air fryer? You’re in the right place! You can quickly prepare your delicious bbq chicken thighs with just a few simple steps.
Whether cooking for yourself or getting together with friends and family, this juicy and flavorful meal will surely be a hit!
Let’s dive into how to make this delectable dish.
Ingredients Needed To Make Bbq Chicken Thighs In The Air Fryer
Before you start cooking the Bbq Chicken Thighs, here are some ingredients you can prepare to ensure smooth and efficient cook.
- Four chicken thighs, skinless and boneless
- Two tablespoons of olive oil
- One tablespoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Three tablespoons of BBQ sauce
Selecting The Right chicken thighs For Cooking Bbq Chicken Thighs
When selecting chicken thighs for cooking BBQ chicken thighs in the air fryer, look for ones with skin and bone.
Skin-on, bone-in chicken thighs provide more flavor as the juices from the bones add to the overall taste when cooked.
Choose fresh or frozen chicken not treated with preservatives or additives. Chicken thighs should be plump and moist but not wet; if you see any liquid in the package, it’s best to avoid those pieces of meat.
If you can find organic, free-range, or locally sourced chicken, they are usually higher quality than mass-produced chickens, so select those whenever possible.
How To Prepare The Chicken Thighs Before Cooking In The Air Fryer?
To prepare the chicken thighs before cooking them in an air fryer, combine the olive oil, garlic powder, smoked paprika, onion powder, and cayenne pepper (optional) in a bowl.
Mix until all ingredients are well combined. Rub this mixture onto both sides of each chicken thigh and season with salt and black pepper to taste.
Place the chicken thighs into the air fryer basket.
How To Cook Bbq Chicken Thighs In An Air Fryer?
Now it’s time to start cooking! Here is the step-by-step how to make Bbq Chicken Thighs in the air fryer:
- Preheat the air fryer to 375°F for about 5 minutes.
- Once preheated, place the chicken thighs in the basket.
- Cook them for 15 minutes at 375°F.
- After 15 minutes, flip over each thigh and cook for 10-15 minutes or until they reach an internal temperature of 165°F when tested with a meat thermometer.
- Once done, remove them from the air fryer and enjoy your delicious bbq chicken thighs!
See also: How To Cook Bbq Pork In An Air Fryer?
What You Need For Air Fryer Bbq Chicken Thighs
COSORI Air Fryer (Check Price On Amazon)
The COSORI Air Fryer is the perfect appliance to use for this recipe. With 5 quarts of capacity, you can make enough air fryer BBQ chicken thighs to feed a family or friends.
Its manual control option allows you to adjust temperatures and times for whatever food you cook. Its 360° rapid heat circulation technology ensures that your food cooks evenly.
Its tempered glass display has nine one-touch cooking functions, so you’ll never overcook your meal.
And when you’re done, the dishwasher-safe components make clean-up a breeze!
The COSORI Air Fryer is an excellent tool for any kitchen and will ensure that your air fryer BBQ chicken thighs turn out perfectly every time!
What To Serve With Bbq Chicken Thighs?
There are many ways to serve your Bbq Chicken Thighs. There is no right or wrong. Everyone has different tastes. The suggestion below is what I recommend.
- Roasted SIet Potatoes: Slice the sweet potatoes into cubes, and toss them with olive oil, salt, and pepper before roasting them in a hot oven until browned and tender.
- Grilled Corn on the Cob: Drizzle fresh corn with butter or olive oil, then place it directly over medium-high heat on your grill for a few minutes per side until lightly charred. Serve it with a chile powder and lime sprinkle for an extra kick!
- Fresh Tomato Salad: Combine diced tomatoes, red onion slices, chopped basil leaves, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and salt to taste a delicious summer salad that pairs perfectly with barbecued pork chops.
- Baked Apples: Core out some apples before stuffing them with oats mixed with sugar and cinnamon, then bake at 350°F (175°C) until golden brown. A tasty treat perfect for any BBQ meal!
- Spicy Coleslaw: Toss together shredded cabbage and carrots along with mayonnaise mixed chili powder, garlic powder, cumin, and paprika to make this classic slaw that can be served alongside roast pork chops or as part of your main dish!
How To Store And Preheat The Leftover Bbq Chicken Thighs With The Air Fryer Method
If you have leftover Bbq Chicken Thighs, do not thrash them away. You can still store and reheat them again in the air fryer for your next mealtime. Here are the simple tips you can follow:
Storage Tips For the Leftover Bbq Chicken Thighs
Food Storage Containers (See on Amazon)
Leftover BBQ chicken thighs can be a great way to enjoy the deliciousness of a smoked or grilled bird for days after your outdoor cookout.
To ensure you get the most out of your leftovers, here are some tips on storing them properly.
First, allow the cooked chicken thighs to cool before storing them in an airtight container or plastic bag. Once sealed, pop it into the refrigerator and enjoy it within four days.
Alternatively, if you want to prolong its life further, freeze your leftover bbq chicken thighs and consume them later.
How To Reheat The Leftover Bbq Chicken Thighs In The Air Fryer?
Reheating leftover BBQ chicken thighs in the air fryer is a great way to ensure they stay juicy and flavorful.
- To begin, preheat your air fryer to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Then, place the chicken thighs into the air fryer basket and cook for 8 minutes.
- Flip them halfway through the cooking time, so both sides get nice and crispy.
- Once cooked, please turn off the heat and let it cool slightly before serving!
Frequently Asked Questions
What Temperature Should I Set The Air Fryer To Cook BBQ Chicken Thighs?
The recommended temperature for cooking BBQ chicken thighs in an air fryer is 400°F (204°C).
How Long Does Cooking BBQ Chicken Thighs In An Air Fryer Take?
BBQ chicken thighs typically take 15-20 minutes to cook in an air fryer.
Can I Use A Store-Bought BBQ Sauce For My Chicken Thighs?
Yes, you can use store-bought BBQ sauce for your chicken thighs. However, adjusting the sauce’s flavor by adding spices and herbs is recommended to make it more flavorful.
Should I Preheat The Air Fryer Before Adding The Chicken Thighs?
Yes, preheating the air fryer before adding the chicken thighs is recommended. This will help ensure that they cook evenly and thoroughly.
Do I Need To Flip Or Turn Over The Chicken During The Cooking Time In An Air Fryer?
No, you do not need to flip or turn over the chicken during the cooking time in an air fryer. The circulating hot air will cook the chicken evenly on both sides without being flipped.
Now that you have all the details on how to make these scrumptious BBQ chicken thighs in an air fryer, it’s time to get cooking!
You can enjoy this delicious dish whenever you’d like with just a few ingredients and easy steps.
So what are you waiting for?
Fire up your air fryer and get started!