Are you looking to learn how to cook ground beef in an air fryer? You’re in the right place! Whether you’re a beginner in the kitchen or just looking to try something new, this article will give you all the tips and tricks to make it simple.
From selecting the right ingredients to knowing when your beef is perfectly cooked, we’ll walk you through creating a delicious air fryer ground beef recipe.
Let’s get started!
Ingredients Needed To Make Ground Beef In The Air Fryer
Before you start cooking the Ground Beef, here are some ingredients you can prepare to ensure smooth and efficient cook.
- Ground beef
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
Selecting The Right Ground Beef For Cooking In The Air Fryer
The best ground beef for cooking in the air fryer is a lean cut with high-fat content. Ground chuck or round are good options as they provide enough fat to prevent the meat from drying out during frying.
However, you should avoid using fattier cuts such as ground sirloin due to its low-fat content and tendency to burn easily when cooked in an air fryer.
When selecting your beef, ensure it is freshly ground, with no added fillers or preservatives.
Additionally, try to pick a cut of beef with minimal connective tissue to cook evenly in the air fryer and not dry out during cooking.
How To Prepare The Ground Beef Before Cooking In The Air Fryer?
To prepare the ground beef for cooking in an air fryer, season it with salt and pepper to taste, garlic powder, and onion powder.
Mix all ingredients until they are evenly distributed throughout the meat. Place the seasoned ground beef into the air fryer basket.
How To Cook Ground Beef In An Air Fryer?
Here is the step-by-step how to make Ground Beef in the air fryer:
- Preheat the air fryer to 375 degrees Fahrenheit for about 5 minutes before placing the ground beef.
- Place the ground beef into the preheated air fryer basket and spread it evenly, ensuring not to overcrowd the basket with too much meat.
- Set the timer on your air fryer for 10-12 minutes, depending on how well you like your food cooked (longer time = more well done).
- At around 7 minutes, flip over or stir up the ground beef so that each piece is exposed to heat equally and cooks evenly throughout.
- When done cooking, check that there is no pink inside any of your pieces of meat with a thermometer if needed.
- Ground Beef should reach an internal temperature of at least 160°F (71°C) before eating/serving it safely!
What You Need For Air Fryer Ground Beef
COSORI Air Fryer (Check Price On Amazon)
If you’re looking for an easy and delicious recipe in your air fryer, look no further than this ground beef. And the best air fryer for cooking this tasty meal is the COSORI Air Fryer.
Its 5-quart capacity, manual control settings, and dishwasher-safe components provide a convenient option for preparing all sorts of meals, from appetizers to entrees.
Plus, with nine one-touch cooking functions on its tempered glass display and 360° rapid heat circulation technology that evenly circulates hot air around the food.
Rest assured that your ground beef will turn out right every time!
What To Serve With Ground Beef?
There are many ways to serve your Ground Beef. There is no right or wrong. Everyone has different tastes. The suggestion below is what I recommend.
- Roasted Baby Potatoes: Roast baby potatoes alongside the beef roast for a delicious side dish that is easy to prepare and goes perfectly with the flavors of the beef roast.
- Caramelized Onions: Add flavor and sweetness to your meal by caramelizing onions in butter, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar before serving them on or beside your beef roast.
- Garlic Mashed Potatoes: Make mashed potatoes flavorful by adding garlic to the mixture for an extra punch of flavor that pairs with any beef-based dish.
- Sauteed Mushrooms & Peppers: Create an umami-packed side dish by sautéing mushrooms and peppers in a skillet until they become soft and slightly charred around the edges, then serve them as a flavorful accompaniment to your main course.
- Green Beans With Bacon Bits: For a classic combination, cook green beans in bacon bits for added richness: perfect when served alongside roasted meat dishes like this one!
How To Store And Preheat The Leftover Ground Beef With The Air Fryer Method
If you have leftover ground beef, do not thrash them away. You can still store and reheat them again in the air fryer for your next mealtime. Here are the simple tips you can follow:
Storage Tips For the Leftover Ground Beef
Food Storage Containers (See on Amazon)
Leftover ground beef can be a delicious and convenient meal option. But, if not stored properly, it can quickly become an unhealthy foodborne illness risk.
Here are some handy storage tips to ensure your leftover ground beef stays safe and retains flavor.
First, store the meat in an airtight container or wrap it carefully in plastic or aluminum foil before placing it in the refrigerator.
This will keep out bacteria from other foods and prevent cross-contamination with raw meats.
Secondly, don’t leave the ground beef in the refrigerator for over three days. Any longer than that, and you should discard it safely.
Lastly, you can freeze your leftovers for up to four months – a great way to preserve their taste and safety!
How To Reheat The Leftover Ground Beef In The Air Fryer?
Reheating leftover ground beef in the air fryer is super easy and quick.
- First, you must break up any large chunks of meat that might have stuck together.
- Spread them out evenly in the air fryer basket.
- Then set your air fryer temperature to 350°F or 175°C for about 10 minutes, depending on how much leftovers you have.
- Once done, stir it before serving!
Frequently Asked Questions
What Type Of Ground Beef Should I Use?
It depends on the recipe you are using. Generally, ground chuck, venison, or sirloin is best for burgers and tacos, while the ground round is better for meatloaf and casseroles.
What Ingredients Do I Need To Prepare The Ground Beef?
To prepare ground beef, you will need the following ingredients: ground beef, salt, and pepper to taste, garlic powder (optional), onion powder (optional), and Worcestershire sauce (optional).
How Long Does It Take To Cook Ground Beef In An Air Fryer?
Cooking ground beef in an air fryer typically takes 8-10 minutes.
Do You Need Water To Cook Ground Beef?
Yes, adding a small amount of water when cooking ground beef is recommended to prevent the meat from sticking and burning.
How Do You Know When Ground Beef Is Done?
Ground beef is done when it reaches an internal temperature of 160°F (71°C). To check the temperature, insert a food thermometer into the center of the meat.
Now that you have all the tips and tricks to cook ground beef in an air fryer, it’s time to put them into practice. Start with a simple recipe like tacos or burgers, and get creative!
You can create healthy, flavorful, and easy-to-make tasty dishes with a little guidance. So what are you waiting for?
Let your inner chef shine through, fire up your air fryer and start cooking!