Are you looking to learn how to cook beef schnitzel in an air fryer? You’re in the right place! Schnitzel is a traditional German dish made from thinly pounded veal cutlets. It can be pan-fried or deep-fried for a delicious crunchy coating.
But have you ever tried to make it in an air fryer?
If not, this article will show you how!
Here’s everything you need to know about cooking beef schnitzel in an air fryer.
Let’s get started!
Ingredients Needed To Make Beef Schnitzel In The Air Fryer
Before you start cooking the Beef Schnitzel, here are some ingredients you can prepare to ensure a smooth and efficient cook.
- 1 lb lean beef (such as round or sirloin)
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Two eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Oil for spraying the air fryer basket
Selecting The Right Beef Schnitzel For Cooking In The Air Fryer
The best beef schnitzel to use in an air fryer is made with trimmed, lean cuts of steak. This will provide a juicy and flavorful result without being overly greasy.
When shopping for the schnitzel, look for thick pieces at least 1/2 inch thick or thicker. Thicker slices cook more evenly and absorb less oil during frying.
If you want a healthier option, try using skinless chicken breasts instead of steak. They’ll still be flavorful but won’t contain as much fat.
The key to getting great results from the air fryer is ensuring the meat is prepped correctly before cooking. Trim off any visible fat, and season it well with salt and pepper (or your favorite spices).
Then coat it lightly in flour or breadcrumbs before putting it into the basket. This will help create an even crispy coating on all sides while keeping the inside tender and juicy!
See also: How To Cook Beef Joints In An Air Fryer?
How To Prepare The Beef Schnitzel Before Cooking In The Air Fryer?
To prepare the beef schnitzel before cooking it in an air fryer, cut the beef into thin slices. Then season with salt and pepper to taste.
Next, set up a breading station with three shallow dishes – one for flour, one for eggs lightly beaten, and one for bread crumbs.
Dip each slice of beef first in the flour mixture, then the egg mixture, and finally, coat it with breadcrumbs.
Once all pieces are coated evenly, spray them lightly with oil and place them in the preheated air fryer basket.
How To Cook Beef Schnitzel In An Air Fryer?
Here is the step-by-step how to make Beef Schnitzel in the air fryer:
- Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the schnitzel into the preheated basket and cook for 8 minutes.
- After 4 minutes of cooking, flip each piece over and continue cooking for another 4 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
- Check the doneness with a meat thermometer which should read an internal temperature of at least 145°F (63°C).
- Once done, please remove it from the heat and let it rest on a plate lined with kitchen tissue before serving.
See also: How To Cook Ground Beef In An Air Fryer?
What You Need For Air Fryer Beef Schnitzel
COSORI Air Fryer (Check Price On Amazon)
If you want an easy and delicious way to make homemade beef schnitzel, the COSORI Air Fryer is the perfect tool. This air fryer has a 5-quart capacity that can easily fit multiple pieces of schnitzel.
The manual control feature allows you to adjust the temperature and time precisely so your dish will be perfectly cooked every time. Additionally, all components of this device are dishwasher safe, which makes clean-up a breeze!
The programmable options on this air fryer also allow you to set custom cooking functions depending on what type of food or dish you’re making.
With its 360° rapid heat circulation technology, your food cooks evenly and quickly without needing preheating or flipping.
On top of that, nine one-touch cooking functions are available on its tempered glass display panel. So getting dinner ready is easier than ever before!
With features like these, COSORI Air Fryer guarantees convenience and great results when preparing dishes like beef schnitzel and saving time without compromising flavor or quality!
What To Serve With Beef Schnitzel?
There are many ways to serve your Beef Schnitzel. There is no right or wrong. Everyone has different tastes. The suggestion below is what I recommend.
- Shepherd’s Pie with mashed potatoes and cheese: This classic dish is a hearty, comforting meal everyone loves.
- Taco Salad: Top a bed of lettuce with seasoned ground beef, black beans, shredded cheese, tomatoes, peppers, onions, and your favorite dressing for an easy dinner idea.
- Ground Beef Stroganoff: Serve this creamy stroganoff over egg noodles or rice for a delicious meal that comes together in no time!
- Cheesy Sliders: Perfect for game day or any gathering, these sliders are fun to eat and sure to be crowd-pleasers!
- Lasagna Casserole: Put together layers of ground beef sauce and lasagna noodles, all topped off with mozzarella cheese, for a classic Italian dinner the whole family will love!
- Stuffed Peppers: A great way to use leftover cooked ground beef mixed with some veggies and rice, then baked in bell peppers until hot & bubbly!
- Chili Mac & Cheese Bake: Combine chili con carne with ground beef and macaroni pasta shells, all topped off with ooey-gooey melted cheese goodness!
How To Store And Preheat The Leftover Beef Schnitzel With The Air Fryer Method
If you have leftover beef Schnitzel, do not thrash them away. You can still store and reheat them again in the air fryer for your next mealtime. Here are the simple tips you can follow:
Storage Tips For the Leftover Beef Schnitzel
Food Storage Containers (See on Amazon)
Leftover beef schnitzel must be stored properly to remain fresh and safe for consumption. The best way to do this is by transferring the food into an airtight container or wrapping it tightly in aluminum foil before placing it in the fridge.
Alternatively, you can wrap each piece of leftover beef in plastic film and store them separately, making them easy to thaw out when needed.
Ensure all storage containers have been thoroughly cleaned before use, as contamination can occur if not done correctly.
How To Reheat The Leftover Beef Schnitzel In The Air Fryer?
Reheating leftover beef schnitzel in the air fryer is an easy way to prepare a quick and delicious meal.
- To get started, set your air fryer temperature to 350°F.
- Preheat for 3 minutes.
- Then, place your leftover beef schnitzel into the air fryer basket.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes or until it reaches your desired level of crispiness.
- Once cooked through, remove from the air fryer and enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions
What Types Of Breadcrumbs Are Suitable?
Breadcrumbs suitable for cooking include fresh breadcrumbs, dried breadcrumbs, panko breadcrumbs, and seasoned breadcrumbs.
How Long Does Cooking A Beef Schnitzel In An Air Fryer Take?
A beef schnitzel can be cooked in an air fryer for about 8-10 minutes at 375°F (190°C).
How Do I Know When The Beef Schnitzel Is Cooked?
The best way to know when a beef schnitzel is cooked is by using an instant-read thermometer. Insert the thermometer into the thickest part of the schnitzel and look for an internal temperature of 145°F (63°C).
How Do I Cook Store-Bought Beef Schnitzel?
To cook store-bought beef schnitzel, preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Place the schnitzels on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
Can You Stack Schnitzel In An Air Fryer?
Yes, you can stack schnitzel in an air fryer. However, it is important to ensure that the pieces are not too close to cook evenly and do not stick together.
Ready to whip up some delicious beef schnitzel? With an air fryer, you can make this classic German dish quickly! The crunchy coating and tender meat will have your taste buds dancing.
Enjoy a homemade meal that’s easy on the waistline without sacrificing flavor.
It’s sure to be a hit with friends and family alike. So fire up your air fryer and get cooking!