Are you looking to learn how to cook beets in an air fryer? You’re in the right place! Whether a beginner or an experienced chef, this guide will show you how to make delicious, crispy beets in no time.
Plus, you’ll get tips on seasoning them and serving them up for your next meal. So please take out your air fryer, and let’s get started!
Ingredients Needed To Make Beets In The Air Fryer
Before you start cooking the Beets, here are some ingredients you can prepare to ensure smooth and efficient cook.
- Olive oil
- Garlic powder
Selecting The Right beets For Cooking Beets In The Air Fryer
Using small, young, and fresh-looking beets when cooking with an air fryer will give optimal results.
Since they are smaller, they will cook faster and more evenly than larger ones, so there’s less risk of over/undercooking them due to their size difference.
Furthermore, selecting only those firm and with no bruises or soft spots ensures that our cooked dish won’t contain any off tastes caused by spoiled ingredients. Something we want to avoid!
Additionally, an air fryer works by circulating hot air around cooked ingredients.
We don’t need to peel our selected beet beforehand as its skin will become charred during this process, giving us added flavor and saving time!
How To Prepare The Beets Before Cooking In The Air Fryer?
To prepare the beets before cooking them in an air fryer, wash and peel them. Cut the beets into 1-inch cubes and place them in a bowl.
Add salt, olive oil, and garlic powder to the bowl and mix until all ingredients are evenly distributed. Place the seasoned beet cubes into your air fryer basket.
How To Cook Beets In An Air Fryer?
Here is the step-by-step how to make Beets in the air fryer:
- Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 5 minutes.
- Place the basket of beets in the pre-heated air fryer and set the timer for 15 minutes, making sure to shake/toss them halfway through cooking time.
- After 15 minutes, check if they are done by inserting a fork into one of the cubes; it should be tender when pierced with a fork easily when finished cooking.
- Once cooked, remove from heat and serve immediately or store leftovers in an airtight container until ready to use again.
See also: How To Cook Belly Pork In An Air Fryer?
What You Need For Air Fryer Beets
COSORI Air Fryer (Check Price On Amazon)
If you’re looking for an easy and delicious way to make beets in your air fryer, look no further than the COSORI Air Fryer!
With a 5-quart capacity, manual control, dishwasher-safe parts, programmable features, and 360° rapid heat circulation technology. You’ll have perfectly cooked beets every time.
Plus, with nine one-touch cooking functions on its tempered glass display, this air fryer is as easy to use as it is efficient.
So when you want gourmet quality food without all the hassle of traditional cooking methods, reach for the COSORI Air Fryer, your go-to kitchen gadget that will quickly become a staple in any mealtime routine.
See also: How To Cook Beef In An Air Fryer?
What To Serve With Beets?
There are many ways to serve your Beets. There is no right or wrong. Everyone has different tastes. The suggestion below is what I recommend.
- Roasted potatoes: Serve the beef alongside roasted potatoes seasoned with olive oil, garlic, rosemary, and thyme for a robust flavor combination.
- Steamed vegetables: Pair the beef with steamed green beans, asparagus, or broccoli to add a healthy touch to your meal.
- Rice pilaf: Serve a flavorful rice pilaf made from brown or wild rice mixed with onions, celery, and herbs like parsley and oregano for an easy side dish that’s both nutritious and delicious.
- Salad: A light salad of spinach leaves tossed in balsamic vinaigrette is a great way to balance the richness of beef dishes while adding freshness and crunchy texture to your meal.
- Sauteed mushrooms: Add sautéed mushrooms on top of your steak for a savory topping full of umami flavors that will elevate any dish!
How To Store And Preheat The Leftover Beets With The Air Fryer Method
If you have leftover Beets, do not thrash them away. You can still store and reheat them again in the air fryer for your next mealtime. Here are the simple tips you can follow:
Storage Tips For the Leftover Beets
Food Storage Containers (See on Amazon)
Beets are an incredibly nutritious vegetable, but they can be tricky to store. The best way is to cut off the leaves and stems before storing them in a sealed container in the refrigerator.
This will help keep them fresh for up to five days. If you plan on using your beets within that time frame, it’s important not to wash them until you’re ready to cook with them, as this could cause bacteria growth if they get too wet.
How To Reheat The Leftover Beets In The Air Fryer?
Reheating leftover beets in the air fryer is simple.
- All you need to do is preheat your air fryer for about 3 minutes at 350°F (176°C).
- Place the beets inside.
- Cook them for around 8-10 minutes until they are crispy on the outside but still soft on the inside.
- Flip them over once halfway through cooking so that both sides get evenly heated up!
Enjoy your delicious reheated beets!
See also: How To Cook Beef Olives In An Air Fryer?
Frequently Asked Questions
What Type Of Beets Is Best For Air Frying?
The best type of beets for air frying are small to medium-sized beets with a uniform shape. Baby beets, which are smaller and more tender than larger varieties, work particularly well in an air fryer.
How Much Oil Should I Use When Air Frying Beets?
When air frying beets, it is recommended to use 1-2 tablespoons of oil.
Is It Necessary To Peel The Beets Before Air Frying Them?
Yes, it is necessary to peel the beets before air frying them.
What Temperature And Time Settings Should I Use For Air Frying Beets?
The recommended temperature for air frying beets is 400°F (204°C), and the suggested cooking time is 15-20 minutes.
Can Other Vegetables Like Carrots Or Potatoes Be Cooked In An Air Fryer With The Same Method As Cooking Beets?
Yes, other vegetables like carrots and potatoes can be cooked in an air fryer with the same method as cooking beets. However, you may need to adjust the cooking time depending on the size of the vegetable pieces.
Now that you know how to make delicious beets in an air fryer, it’s time to get creative. Add your favorite seasonings and spices for extra flavor, or serve them as a side dish with grilled meats.
Whatever way you choose to enjoy them, you can rest assured knowing they’ll always come out crispy and flavorful every time!