Do you like hushpuppies but don’t always have the time to make them from scratch?
Well, your air fryer can help you out!
This easy guide will show you how to cook frozen hushpuppies in the air fryer.
You’ll be able to enjoy this Southern classic with minimal effort.
Let’s get started!
Why Are They Called Hushpuppies?
Before we get into the nitty gritty about cooking the hushpuppies with an air fryer, have you ever wondered why this small bite is called “hushpuppies”?
Well, hushpuppies are one of the main staples of Southern cuisine. There are a few stories out there.
One tale says that they got their name from hunters who would fry up leftover cornmeal batter to quiet their dogs.
Another story claims that slaves would make these fried snacks and feed them to their masters’ dogs to keep them quiet.
No matter which story you believe, one thing is for sure: hushpuppies are delicious!
How To Cook Frozen Hushpuppies In The Air Fryer
Now that you know more about this tasty treat, let’s explain why you are here.
Here’s what you should do to cook the frozen hushpuppies in the air fryer:
Remove the frozen hushpuppies from the refrigerator and let them rest for about 5 minutes.
Then, preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Place the hushpuppies on the air fryer basket. Make sure not to overcrowd and not touch each other. You may want to sprinkle a bit of cooking oil to make it crispy.
Set the timer for about 4 to 5 minutes and let it cook.
Once it is cooked, remove the hushpuppies from the air fryer, and enjoy!
How Do I Preheat My Air Fryer?
Preheating your air fryer is not just about getting the perfect cooking temperature.
It is also about letting the oil heat up properly so your food will have a nice crispy exterior.
Here are some tips on how to preheat your air fryer:
- Set the temperature to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Let the air fryer heat up for about 2-3 minutes for a small air fryer.
- If your air fryer is large, you may want to heat it for about 4-5 minutes.
- LESS FAT: Now enjoy guilt-free food. Air fry with up to 75% less fat than traditional frying methods.* *Tested against hand-cut, deep-fried French…
- WIDE TEMPERATURE RANGE: 105°F-400°F allows you to gently remove moisture from foods or quickly cook and crisp foods with convection heat.
- FAMILY-SIZED CAPACITY: 4-quart ceramic-coated nonstick basket and crisper plate fit 2 lbs of French fries.
- 4-IN-1 VERSATILITY: Includes 4 versatile cooking programs: Air Fry, Roast, Reheat, and Dehydrate.
- DEHYDRATE: Create flat, chip-like dehydrated foods for fun, homemade snacks. The combination of low fan speed and low temperature enables thorough…
How To Reheat Hushpuppies In The Air Fryer
If you have any leftover hushpuppies, don’t worry. You can easily reheat them in the air fryer as well.
Here’s what you should do:
- Place the leftover hushpuppies on the air fryer basket.
- Set the temperature to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and let it cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Once done, remove the hushpuppies from the air fryer, and enjoy!
It’s simple as that!
What Else Can I Cook With Air Fryer?
Now you have breakfast with toasted hushpuppies. Are you wondering what to eat for breakfast tomorrow?
Here are some recipes you can try with an air fryer:
Hope you will like it.
Last update on 2023-09-22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API