Do you love a warm bagel in the morning but don’t have time to toast it in the oven?
Or maybe you’re looking for a new and easy way to cook your bagels. And, what setting do you toast bagels in the air fryer?
In this post, we’ll show you how to toast a bagel in an air fryer with just a few simple steps.
So why not give it a try today?
You may be surprised at just how easy it is.
Let’s get the bagel fried!
Can You Toast A Bagel In An Air Fryer?
At this point, if you’re not sure whether you can toast a bagel in the air fryer, the short answer to this question is YES!
You can indeed toast in an air fryer.
This versatile kitchen appliance uses rapid air circulation and high heat to cook a wide range of foods, from dino nuggets and English muffins to scones and cakes.
Now let’s get into the main topic.
How To Toast A Bagel In An Air Fryer With 5 Steps
Toasting the bagel should take around 8 to 10 minutes, depending on its size and how toasted it is.
Assuming that you have a small air fryer, you can probably cook one bagel at a time.
But if you have a large air fryer like Philips Essential Airfryer XL, you can easily cook four cuts of bagels at a time.
Now, here is the instruction to toast the bagel in the air fryer:
- Preheat your air fryer to 360 degrees Fahrenheit for about 3 minutes.
- While waiting for your air fryer preheats, cut the bagel in half – nice and evenly.
- When the air fryer is ready, place the bagel halves into the basket with the cut side facing up.
- With the same temperature, set the timer for 4 minutes for two halves of bagels. Add a minute or two if you have large bagels or until the bagels are toasted to your liking.
- Once it’s cooked, remove and serve them with a bagel with cream cheese or your favorite toppings.
Pro Tips For Toasting With Air Fryer
Here are some tips to get the best result for toasting with an air fryer:
- Preheat the air fryer for a more evenly toasted bagel for a minute or two longer than usual. This will help the appliance reach its optimal temperature faster.
- We recommend you cook the bagels for about 4 minutes because that is the ideal time for your bagel to be nicely toasted.
- If you would like your bagel to be extra crispy, feel free to cook it for a minute or two longer.
- And vice versa, if you want it to be lightly toasted.
- If you want to evenly cook both sides of the bagel, flip it over halfway through cooking.
What is the best way to eat a bagel?
You can spread the freshly toasted bagel with butter or cream cheese. It’s very simple yet delicious.
Of course, not limited to those toppings, you can make your bagels even taste better with these recommended toppings:
- Smoked salmon
- Homemade cream cheese
- Cucumber with dill
- Peanut butter
- Ham and cheese
- Tuna salad
- Egg salad
- Jam with chia seeds
If you find this article helpful, you might want to check out our other articles related to air fryers below: