Are you looking to learn how to cook bbq wings in an air fryer? You’re in the right place! Air fryers have become a modern kitchen essential for the healthy cook, and they are great for making delicious fried foods without using much oil.
In this article, we’ll show you how to make scrumptious bbq wings in an air fryer.
So grab your ingredients, set aside some time, and prepare to fry some finger-licking good bbq wings!
Ingredients Needed To Make Bbq Wings In The Air Fryer
Before you start cooking the Bbq Wings, here are some ingredients you can prepare to ensure smooth and efficient cook.
- 3 pounds chicken wings (drumettes and flats)
- Two tablespoons of olive oil
- One teaspoon of garlic powder
- One teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- BBQ sauce of choice
Selecting The Right wings For Cooking Bbq Wings In The Air Fryer
When selecting the right wings for cooking BBQ in your air fryer, it is best to choose fresh-frozen or raw chicken wings.
Fresh-frozen chicken wings are already prepped and cut into sections, which makes them easy to cook in your air fryer.
Raw chicken wings also work well but require more preparation before being cooked. When choosing raw chicken wings, select the ones with the skin on them to get the most flavor when frying.
Also, look for organic and hormone-free options if available, as these tend to have better flavor and texture when fried in an air fryer.
Both types of wings will provide great results if cooked properly!
See also: How To Cook Bbq Ribs In An Air Fryer?
How To Prepare The Wings Before Cooking In The Air Fryer?
To prepare the wings before cooking them in an air fryer, combine the olive oil, garlic powder, smoked paprika, onion powder, and salt and pepper in a large bowl.
Add the chicken wings to the bowl and toss until evenly coated with the seasoning mixture. Place the seasoned chicken wings into your air fryer basket.
How To Cook Bbq Wings In An Air Fryer?
Here is the step-by-step how to make Bbq Wings in the air fryer:
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°F (204°C).
- Place the wings into your air fryer basket, ensuring they do not overlap and are in an even layer.
- Cook for 15 minutes at 400°F (204°C), then flip the wings using tongs or a spatula.
- Continue to cook for another 10-15 minutes until golden brown and crispy on both sides, checking doneness with a meat thermometer if desired; chicken should reach 165ºF (74ºC).
- Once cooked, remove from the air fryer and serve hot with your favorite dipping sauce!
What You Need For Air Fryer Bbq Wings
COSORI Air Fryer (Check Price On Amazon)
The COSORI Air Fryer is the ideal kitchen appliance to cook this recipe. The 5-quart capacity provides ample space for up to 4 pounds of wings.
Its nine one-touch cooking functions make it easy to achieve perfect results every time.
It also has manual control options to adjust your settings exactly as needed. With 360° rapid heat circulation technology, your wings will be cooked evenly and quickly.
And when you’re done, cleanup is easy with the dishwasher-safe components. The tempered glass display adds a modern touch that looks great in any kitchen!
With all these features and benefits, I highly recommend using the COSORI Air Fryer for your next batch of BBQ wings!
What To Serve With Bbq Wings?
There are many ways to serve your Bbq Wings. There is no right or wrong. Everyone has different tastes. The suggestion below is what I recommend.
- Grilled Corn on the Cob: A tasty side dish that pairs perfectly with the smoky flavors of BBQ chicken legs.
- Baked Potatoes: A classic accompaniment to BBQ, served with various toppings such as butter, sour cream, and green onions for added flavor.
- Coleslaw: Tangy slaw is a great way to add crunch and texture to your meal.
- Roasted Vegetables: Roast some vegetables in the oven for an easy side dish full of flavor: carrots, bell peppers, mushrooms, or zucchini all work.
- Macaroni Salad: This creamy salad adds a sweetness that complements barbecued meats perfectly!
- Idge Fries: The perfect companion for juicy BBQ chicken legs–serve them up crispy and hot from the oven!
How To Store And Preheat The Leftover Bbq Wings With The Air Fryer Method
If you have leftover Bbq Wings, do not thrash them away. You can still store and reheat them again in the air fryer for your next mealtime. Here are the simple tips you can follow:
Storage Tips For the Leftover Bbq Wings
Food Storage Containers (See on Amazon)
Leftover bbq wings are one of the tastiest treats you can have. But storing them properly is important, so they don’t go bad.
If you put them in an airtight container, the wings will stay fresh for up to five days in your refrigerator. You could also freeze them if you want them to last longer.
To do this, wrap each wing individually in aluminum foil and place it inside a resealable plastic bag before putting it into the freezer.
These storage methods should ensure your leftovers remain delicious when ready to enjoy them!
How To Reheat The Leftover Bbq Wings In The Air Fryer?
Reheating your leftover BBQ wings in the air fryer is a great way to get them back up to temperature quickly and evenly.
- To start, preheat your air fryer to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Then, spread out the wings, so they do not touch or overlap.
- You can add some butter or oil for an extra crispy finish.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes (depending on how many wings you have).
- Flipping halfway through until they reach 165 degrees Fahrenheit internally.
See also: How To Cook Bbq Pork In An Air Fryer?
Frequently Asked Questions
What Temperature Should The Air Fryer Be Set To For Cooking Bbq Wings?
The temperature for air frying bbq wings should be set to 400°F (204°C).
How Long Does It Take To Cook Bbq Wings In An Air Fryer?
BBQ wings can be cooked in an air fryer for 15-20 minutes.
Should I Shake Or Turn The Wings During Cooking?
Turning the wings during cooking is generally recommended, rather than shaking them. This helps ensure they are cooked evenly and prevents them from burning or sticking to the pan.
Is There A Way To Reduce Calories When Cooking Bbq Wings In An Air Fryer?
Yes, there are several ways to reduce calories when cooking bbq wings in an air fryer. You can use a lower-calorie BBQ sauce or marinade.
Also, opt for skinless chicken wings instead of traditional ones with the skin on, and cook them at a lower temperature for less time.
Additionally, you can spray the wings lightly with oil before cooking to help crisp them up without adding too many extra calories.
With This Method, Can I Use Frozen Pre-Cooked Chicken Wings Instead Of Fresh Ones?
Yes, you can use frozen pre-cooked chicken wings instead of fresh chicken wings with this method. However, the cooking time may need to be adjusted accordingly.
Now that you know how to cook bbq wings in an air fryer, it’s time to get cooking! You can enjoy these delicious and healthy wings as a meal or snack.
Serve them with crunchy vegetables and homemade dipping sauce for the perfect side dish.
In no time, your friends and family will ask you for the recipe! So fire up your air fryer and start frying those tasty bbq wings today!