Are you looking to learn how to cook battered fish in an air fryer? You’re in the right place! Air fryers are one of the most popular kitchen appliances today, and with good reason.
Not only do they make it easy to cook delicious, crispy food without all the oil, but they also help save time in the kitchen.
In this article, we’ll show you how to prepare a tasty battered fish dish in your air fryer.
So let’s get started!
How To Cook Battered Fish In An Air Fryer
Ingredients To Make Battered Fish
These are the ingredients needed to make battered fish in the air fryer:
- Fish fillets (any type)
- Bread crumbs or panko bread crumbs
- Salt and pepper to taste
See also: How To Cook Breaded Chicken In Air Fryer?
Instructions To Prepare The Battered Fish
- Rinse the fish fillets under cold running water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Place the flour in a shallow bowl or dish and season with salt and pepper if desired; set aside.
- In another shallow bowl, lightly beat two eggs; set aside.
- Place the bread crumbs or Panko in a third shallow bowl; set aside.
- Dip each fish fillet into the seasoned flour, shaking off any excess before dipping it into the beaten eggs.
- Then coat both sides evenly with either breadcrumbs or Panko for a crunchy crust when cooked through an air fryer.
Air Fryer Battered Fish
COSORI Air Fryer (Check Price On Amazon)
Now it’s time for cooking! Take the ingredients you have prepared before and follow this straightforward instruction for cooking delicious battered fish in your air fryer.
- Preheat your air fryer to 375°F (190°C) for about 3 minutes.
- Place the fish fillets in a single layer into the air fryer basket, making sure they don’t touch each other or overlap one another.
- Airfry at 375°F (190°C) for 10-15 minutes until golden brown and crisp on both sides and cooked through, flipping fish halfway through cooking time to ensure even cooking on all sides of the fillets.
- Transfer cooked fillets onto plates lined with paper towels to absorb any excess oil before serving as desired.
What To Serve With Air Fryer Battered Fish?
There are many ways to serve your battered fish. There is no right or wrong. Everyone has different tastes. The suggestion below is what we recommend.
- Lemon wedges, tartar sauce, and coleslaw
- Mashed potatoes, steamed broccoli, and a creamy dill sauce
- Roasted asparagus spears with garlic butter
- Fried potato wedges with chives, parsley & cayenne pepper dusting
- Rice pilaf or couscous with peas and carrots
- Crispy onion rings on the side
- Freshly cooked French fries topped with cheese and herbs
See also: How To Cook Bagel Bites In Air Fryer?
Recommended Tools To Make Air Fryer Battered Fish
This is a great tool for cooking battered fish as it fries food with very little oil and produces crispy fried results without the mess or smell of deep-frying.
When choosing an air fryer, consider size and capacity to determine what’s best for your needs.
Look for features like digital timers and adjustable temperature settings, and opt for one with reliable warranties from the manufacturer.
These are essential when handling hot foods in the kitchen, particularly when taking cooked food out of an air fryer basket or pan.
Choose tongs made of stainless steel or heat-resistant materials so they won’t melt during use. Look also at grip strength, and you want ones that don’t slip off easily!
Storage Tips For The Leftover Air Fryer Battered Fish
The best way to store leftover air fryer battered fish is by wrapping it in foil or plastic wrap and placing it in an airtight container. This will help keep the fish fresh for up to three days.
Wrapping the fish also prevents odors from leaking and helps prevent bacteria from forming on the food. If you plan on keeping it longer than that, freezing the leftovers may be a better option.
Freezing can help extend the shelf life of your leftovers up to three months if stored correctly.
To do this, place them in a freezer-safe bag or container before storing them in your freezer. This will help protect against freezer burn while maintaining flavor and texture.
See also: How To Cook Baby Back Ribs In Air Fryer?
How To Preheat The Frozen Battered Fish In The Air Fryer?
The best way to preheat frozen battered fish in an air fryer is to set the temperature to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and cook it for 4 minutes.
This will help ensure that your fish is cooked thoroughly without overcooking. To further crisp up the batter, you can increase the time by 1-2 more minutes.
Preheating with an air fryer allows for a more even cooking process and helps create a golden crust on whatever food you’re preparing.
Preheating also reduces the cooking time, which makes it easier to get dinner on the table quickly!
When preheating frozen battered fish, ensure not to overcrowd the basket as this could cause uneven heating and lead to soggy results.
Additionally, be sure to spray or lightly brush oil over the top of your fish before placing it in the air fryer so that it achieves a nice crispy exterior during cooking!
See also: How To Cook Barramundi In Air Fryer?
Frequently Asked Questions
How Long To Cook Battered Fish In An Air Fryer?
Battered fish can be cooked in an air fryer for about 8-10 minutes at 400°F (204°C).
Can You Use Flour Batter In Air Fryer?
Yes, you can use flour batter in an air fryer. However, it is important to note that the batter should be thin and not too thick so that it cooks evenly.
Additionally, you may need to adjust the cooking time depending on the thickness of your batter.
Do You Flip The Battered Fish In Air Fryer?
Yes, you can flip the battered fish in an air fryer. Make sure to use a spatula or tongs when flipping the fish, so it does not break apart.
Can You Cook Battered Fish In A Ninja Foodi?
Yes, you can cook battered fish in a Ninja Foodi.
How Long Do I Cook Beer Battered Fish In The Air Fryer?
Beer-battered fish can be cooked in an air fryer for 8-10 minutes at 375°F (190°C).
Cooking battered fish in an air fryer is a great way to get crunchy and delicious results without all the added fat.
With just a few simple steps, you can have perfectly golden-brown pieces of fish that everyone will surely enjoy!
Serve with your favorite side dish or dip for an easy, flavorful meal.
Whether it’s for dinner tonight or saved as a quick snack later on, this air-fried recipe will hit the spot!