Are you looking to learn how to cook broccoli in an air fryer delicious way? Look no further! This simple recipe shows how to make perfect, crunchy broccoli in your air fryer.
With just a few ingredients and minimal effort, you’ll be enjoying this healthy side dish in no time. So get ready to learn the secrets of air-frying broccoli. It’s easier than you think!
Let’s get into it!
Preparing The Brocolli Before Cooking In Air Fryer
- Wash the broccoli under running water, and pat it dry with a paper towel.
- Trim off any brown or discolored spots from the florets, as well as any excess stems.
- Cut the head of broccoli into small pieces for even cooking in the air fryer basket.
- Add some oil to a bowl and toss the cut-up florets to coat them lightly before air frying them (this will help give them a crispy texture).
- Sprinkle salt, pepper, garlic powder, or other desired seasonings over your broccoli pieces if you like more flavor!
How To Cook Broccoli In An Air Fryer
Here is step by step to air fry your broccoli.
- Preheat your air fryer to 375°F.
- Cut the broccoli into small florets and place them in a bowl.
- Drizzle olive oil over the top of the florets and mix with a spoon until evenly coated.
- Sprinkle salt, pepper, garlic powder, and Parmesan cheese over the broccoli and stir to combine all ingredients well.
- Place half of the broccoli in an even layer at the bottom of your air fryer basket or tray so that it’s not overcrowded. Use any remaining space for additional items you may wish to cook alongside it, such as potatoes or other vegetables if desired!
- Cook for 7 minutes at 375°F, then remove from heat and shake gently before returning to the air fryer for 3-4 minutes or until desired crispness is achieved (this will vary depending on how thick/thinly cut your florets were).
- Once cooked through, carefully remove from the air fryer using oven mitts or tongs and serve immediately while still hot! Enjoy!
See also: How To Cook Baby Potatoes In Air Fryer?
There are many ways to serve your broccoli. There is no right or wrong. Everyone has different tastes. The suggestion below is what we recommend.
- Serve with a Creamy Balsamic Dressing: Drizzle broccoli florets with a creamy balsamic dressing, such as a combination of olive oil, garlic, and honey. Sprinkle some freshly grated Parmesan cheese on top for added flavor.
- Roasted Broccoli Salad: Toss cooked broccoli in your favorite salad dressing and serve over mixed greens or quinoa. Add additional toppings like crumbled bacon, feta cheese, sunflower seeds, dried cranberries, or diced apples to make it extra delicious!
- Broccoli Fritters: Mix cooked broccoli florets with mashed potatoes and eggs to create fritter-style patties that can be served as an appetizer or side dish at any mealtime!
- Asian-Style Stir Fry: Sauté cooked broccoli in sesame oil along with onions, carrots, mushrooms, and your choice of protein (such as shrimp) for an easy Asian-inspired stir fry dinner option! Finish off the dish by sprinkling some chopped peanuts on top for crunchy texture contrast.
See also: How To Cook Brats In Air Fryer?
How To Preheat The Frozen Brocolli In Air Fryer
To preheat frozen broccoli in an air fryer, set the temperature to 400°F and cook for 5 minutes. Shake the basket halfway through cooking to ensure even heating.
Cleaning Up Air Fryer After Cooking The Brocolli
To clean an air fryer after cooking broccoli, first, turn off the appliance and unplug it. Remove any remaining food from the basket and discard it.
Wipe the inside of the air fryer with a damp cloth or sponge to remove any grease or residue.
Rinse the basket in warm soapy water, then rinse again with clear water and dry thoroughly before returning it to the air fryer.
See also: How To Cook Breaded Fish In Air Fryer?
Is Air Fried Broccoli Still Healthy?
Yes, air-fried broccoli is still healthy. It contains fewer calories and fat than deep-fried broccoli while still providing the same amount of vitamins and minerals.
Should Broccoli Be Boiled Before Frying?
It is not necessary to boil broccoli before frying, but it can help soften the texture and reduce cooking time.
Why Did My Broccoli Burn In The Air Fryer?
Broccoli can burn in an air fryer if it is not cooked properly. To avoid burning, cut the broccoli into small, even pieces and preheat the air fryer before adding the vegetables.
Additionally, be sure to shake or stir the broccoli occasionally during cooking for even heat distribution.
Can I Air Fry Broccoli And Cauliflower Together?
Yes, you can air-fry broccoli and cauliflower together. Make sure to cut the vegetables into similar sizes, so they cook evenly.
Can I Air Fry Broccoli And Potatoes Together?
Yes, you can air-fry broccoli and potatoes together. Make sure to cut the vegetables into similar sizes, so they cook evenly.
Cooking broccoli in an air fryer is a simple and delicious way to get your daily dose of veggies.
Not only can you make it quickly, but the crisp texture gives it a great flavor that appeals to the whole family.
You can easily prepare this tasty dish with just a few ingredients!
So go ahead and give air-fried broccoli a try. You won’t be disappointed!