Are you looking for tips on how to cook a steak in an air fryer? You’re in the right place! In this article, we’ll show you how to create a deliciously simple meal with minimal effort using an air fryer.
Cooking the perfect steak has always been challenging. With an air fryer, you can cook your steak to juicy perfection in just a few simple steps.
In this guide, we’ll walk you through every step of the process, from selecting the right cut of meat to seasoning and cooking it to perfection.
Whether a novice or an experienced chef, this guide will help you make mouthwatering steaks sure to please even the most discerning palate.
Let’s get started!
Preparing The Steak
- Steak (1/2 inch thick)
- Garlic powder
- Start by patting the steak dry using a paper towel or kitchen cloth. This will help to absorb any excess moisture, which can prevent it from crisping up during cooking.
- Season both sides of the steak with salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste.
- Allow the seasoned steak to rest at room temperature for 15 minutes before cooking in your air fryer. This helps ensure that it cooks evenly throughout.
See also: How To Cook Acorn Squash In Air Fryer?
How To Cook A Steak In An Air Fryer
Preheat Your Air Fryer
Before adding your steak to the air fryer basket, preheat it using medium heat (400°F is ideal). Preheating ensures even cooking throughout the entire piece of steak so that no part is overcooked or undercooked once it’s done.
Once your air fryer has been preheated, place your seasoned steak in the basket, making sure not to overcrowd or stack them on top of each other. Close the lid and set a timer for four minutes before starting.
Flip The Steak
After four minutes have elapsed, open up your air fryer basket and check if one side is cooked through by inserting a thermometer into its center.
If this reading registers at 135°F after 4 minutes, flip over all pieces before closing again and setting another 4-minute timer again.
After flipping over each piece, check their internal temperature every 2 minutes until they reach 145°F (for medium-rare).
If desired, add some oil spray onto each side during this period. This helps create a golden brown crust on both sides which can bring out extra juicy flavors from within!
Once all pieces reach 140 degrees Fahrenheit, remove them from heat immediately. Wait as long as necessary.
Otherwise, they may continue cooking past 145 F due to retained heat inside, resulting in overcooked steaks!
Place them onto plates lined with paper towels, then cover them loosely with foil paper while allowing rest time of 5–10 mins depending upon thicknesses.
This allows juices inside distribute properly, giving you perfectly cooked results every time!
There are many ways to serve your steak. There is no right or wrong. Everyone has different tastes. The suggestion below is what we recommend.
1. Serve the steak with creamy garlic mashed potato and steamed vegetables for a classic dinner meal.
2. Slice the steak and serve it on top of an arugula salad with cherry tomatoes and freshly grated parmesan cheese for a light yet filling lunch or dinner option.
3. Make kabobs by cutting the steak into cubes, marinating in your favorite herbs and spices, then adding other veggies like bell peppers, mushrooms, and onions to make colorful skewers grilled in your air fryer.
4. Create a Mediterranean-style dish by pairing thin slices of steak with roasted eggplant slices served over Israeli couscous tossed with fresh parsley and lemon juice for added zestiness!
5. Top some baked sweet potatoes with chopped pieces of cooked steak and diced avocado cubes for an easy but flavorful meal idea!
See also: How To Cook A Baked Potato In Air Fryer?
How To Preheat The Frozen Steak In Air Fryer
To preheat a frozen steak in an air fryer, set the temperature to 400°F and cook for 10 minutes. Flip the steak over halfway through cooking time. Once it’s done, let it rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Cleaning Up Air Fryer After Cooking The Steak
To clean an air fryer after cooking steak, first, turn off and unplug the appliance. Remove any remaining food from the basket and discard it.
Wipe the inside of the air fryer with a damp cloth or paper towel to remove any grease or residue. Use a non-abrasive cleaner if necessary.
Rinse the basket with warm water and soap, then dry thoroughly before returning it to the air fryer.
See also: How To Cook A Sweet Potato In Air Fryer?
How Long To Cook Steaks In The Air Fryer?
Steaks can be cooked in an air fryer for 8-10 minutes at 400°F (204°C).
What Setting Do I Put My Air Fryer On For Steak?
The temperature and time settings for air frying steak will vary depending on the thickness of the steak, but generally, you should set your air fryer to 400°F (204°C) and cook it for 8-10 minutes.
Are Steaks Good In Airfryer?
Yes, steaks can be cooked in an air fryer. Air frying is a healthier alternative to traditional deep-frying as it uses less oil and produces a crispy texture.
Does Flipping Steak Make It Tough?
Yes, flipping steak too often can make it tough. To ensure a tender steak, flip it only once or twice during cooking and let it rest for at least five minutes before serving.
How Do You Tenderize A Steak Perfectly?
To tenderize a steak perfectly, you can use either mechanical or chemical methods. Mechanical methods include pounding the steak with a meat mallet, using a Jaccard tool to puncture the meat’s fibers, or marinating it in an acidic liquid like vinegar or lemon juice.
Now that you know the basics of cooking a perfect steak with an air fryer, you can easily recreate restaurant-quality meals in the comfort of your own home.
With this guide as your resource and practice, it won’t be long before you’re mastering delicious steaks every time.
So don’t wait any longer – get frying and enjoy!