Are you looking to learn how to cook Bacon-Wrapped scallops in an air fryer? You’re in the right place! Deliciously succulent scallops wrapped in savory bacon and cooked to perfection.
It’s a winning combination that will make your taste buds dance!
In this article, we’ll show you how to cook Bacon-Wrapped scallops in an air fryer so you can enjoy this delicious dish at home.
Let’s get started!
How To Cook Bacon-Wrapped Scallops In An Air Fryer
Ingredients To Make Bacon-Wrapped Scallops
These are the ingredients needed to make Bacon-Wrapped scallops in the air fryer:
- Bacon Strips
- Butter (1 tablespoon)
- Garlic cloves, minced (2 cloves)
- Salt & Pepper
Instructions To Prepare The Bacon-Wrapped Scallops
- Rinse and pat dry the scallops.
- Cut each bacon strip into two halves.
- Soak toothpicks in water for at least 10 minutes to prevent them from burning during cooking.
- Melt butter in a microwave or stovetop over low heat until completely melted.
- Peel and mince garlic cloves before adding them to the melted butter mixture.
- Season scallops with salt and pepper before wrapping them with bacon strips.
See also: How To Cook Bacon And Eggs In Air Fryer?
Air Fryer Bacon-Wrapped Scallops
COSORI Air Fryer (Check Price On Amazon)
Now it’s time for cooking! Take the ingredients you have prepared before and follow this straightforward instruction for cooking delicious Bacon-Wrapped scallops in your air fryer.
- Preheat the air fryer to 375°F (190°C) for about 5 minutes before adding scallops.
- Secure each bacon-wrapped scallop with a soaked toothpick and place it in the basket of the preheated air fryer.
- Drizzle prepared garlic butter over the scallops, then cook for 8 minutes at 375°F (190°C), flipping them halfway through cooking time if needed.
- Once cooked, remove from the air fryer and serve immediately while hot!
What To Serve With Air Fryer Bacon-Wrapped Scallops?
There are many ways to serve your Bacon-Wrapped scallops. There is no right or wrong. Everyone has different tastes. The suggestion below is what we recommend.
- Roasted Asparagus: Add roasted asparagus with lemon and garlic for a fresh, veggie-packed side dish.
- Mashed Potatoes: Serve your air fryer Bacon-Wrapped scallops over a bed of creamy mashed potatoes to add extra flavor and texture.
- Rice Pilaf: For an easy accompaniment, serve your Bacon-Wrapped scallops over rice pilaf with herbs like thyme or rosemary for added flavor.
- Baked Sweet Potato Fries: Serve the air fryer Bacon-Wrapped scallops with baked sweet potato fries for an indulgent yet healthy side dish option to please everyone in attendance!
- Bacon Mac & Cheese: Make it dinner by serving the air fryer Bacon-Wrapped scallops alongside homemade macaroni and cheese made with crispy crumbled bits of cooked bacon!
See also: How To Cook Bacon Wrapped Shrimp In Air Fryer?
Recommended Tools To Make Air Fryer Bacon-Wrapped Scallops
When choosing an air fryer, look for a model with temperature control, an adjustable timer, and pre-set cooking functions. Also, consider the size of the basket and price point to ensure it meets your needs.
See our recommended air fryer here.
Choose sturdy tongs that securely grip food without puncturing or tearing delicate foods like scallops. Look for stainless steel construction and non-slip grips for easy handling.
Baking Sheet & Foil
A baking sheet lined with aluminum foil helps keep Bacon-Wrapped scallops from sticking during cooking in an air fryer or oven broiler setting.
Make sure the baking sheet has enough depth to catch any grease drippings from the bacon while cooking, as well as being large enough to fit all of your ingredients comfortably on one sheet pan if desired when preparing larger batches at once
Storage Tips For The Leftover Air Fryer Bacon-Wrapped Scallops
The best way to store leftover air fryer Bacon-Wrapped scallops is to place them in an airtight container and refrigerate them for up to 3 days.
Food Storage Containers (See on Amazon)
To maximize the freshness, you can also wrap the scallops individually in aluminum foil or plastic wrap before placing them in the container.
This will help keep the moisture from escaping, so your scallops stay juicy and flavorful. It’s also important to ensure they are not exposed to oxygen, as this will cause bacteria growth which can spoil your food quickly.
Storing leftovers properly is essential for enjoying meals later on without worrying about spoiling or contamination.
See also: How To Cook Bbq Chicken In An Air Fryer?
How To Preheat The Frozen Bacon-Wrapped Scallops In The Air Fryer?
When preheating a dish such as these Bacon-Wrapped scallops in an air fryer, it’s important to ensure that you are setting your temperature correctly, so your food isn’t undercooked or overcooked.
The ideal temperature for air frying is between 350°F – 400°F (177°C – 204°C). For this particular recipe, 375°F should be sufficient enough time to cook evenly throughout without burning or drying out any ingredients.
When preheating any dish in an air fryer, timing is key!
You want to ensure you give yourself enough time but not too much; 8-10 minutes should work perfectly for these Bacon-Wrapped scallops if they were already taken from a frozen state.
Additionally, depending on how thick/thin your slices are cut may require more/less cooking time respectively.
Always remember this when making adjustments based on personal preference about doneness level too!
See also: How To Cook Bbq Pork Chops In An Air Fryer?
Frequently Asked Questions
What Are The Recommended Cooking Temperatures And Times When Making Bacon-Wrapped Scallops In An Air Fryer?
The recommended cooking temperature for bacon-wrapped scallops in an air fryer is 400°F (204°C). Cook the scallops for 8 to 10 minutes, flipping them halfway through.
Are There Any Health Risks Associated With Air Frying Bacon-Wrapped Scallops?
Yes, there are health risks associated with air-frying bacon-wrapped scallops. The high temperatures used in air frying can cause the fat from the bacon to drip onto the heating element and create smoke which can contain carcinogenic compounds.
Additionally, due to their small size, scallops may overcook quickly and become dry or burnt if not monitored closely.
Does The Type Of Bacon Used Matter For This Bacon-Wrapped Scallops Recipe?
Yes, the type of bacon used does matter for this Bacon-Wrapped Scallops recipe. Different types of bacon have different levels of fat and flavor, so it’s important to choose one that will complement the scallops and other ingredients in the dish.
Are Bacon-Wrapped Scallops Suitable For Vegetarians And Vegans When Cooked With Air Fryer?
No, Bacon-Wrapped scallops are unsuitable for vegetarians and vegans when cooked with an air fryer as they contain animal products.
Is It Safe To Eat The Raw Pork Inside A Partially Cooked Bacon-Wrapped Scallop?
No, it is not safe to eat raw pork. Pork must be cooked thoroughly to an internal temperature of at least 145°F (63°C) to kill any harmful bacteria that may be present.
Cooking bacon-wrapped scallops in an air fryer is a simple and delicious way to enjoy this classic seafood dish.
The crispy bacon and the tender, juicy scallop create a flavor combination that can’t be beaten! With just a few steps and minimal effort, you’ll have perfectly cooked bacon-wrapped scallops ready for your plate in no time.
So fire up your air fryer, grab some fresh ingredients, and get cooking.
It’s sure to be one tasty meal!